Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 28 - Free to Eat of the Tree of Life

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take my heart in Your hand and set my feet on Your path to live out my destiny for this day according to Your will and Your way.  ...

"The woman said to the serpent, 'We may eat of the fruit of the trees in the garden; but God said, 'You shall not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, nor shall you touch it, or you shall die.' But the serpent said to the woman, 'You will not die; for God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.' So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made loincloths for themselves" (Genesis 3:2-7).

You want our eyes to be open (Ephesians 1:18). You want us to be wise (Ephesians 1:17). You want us to be like You (Ephesians 1:4).

The enemy of our souls wants us to believe You hold out on us from Your goodness and blessings because of some sort of divine insecurity or jealousy that we will be gods like You if we just assert our own will and insist on our own way and try to take hold of what should be ours (Genesis 3:4). But the opposite is true. You want the best for us and hold nothing back from us. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 1:3).

You invite us to taste and see that You are good (Psalm 34:8). And You teach us how to eat of the fruit that fills our hearts with satisfaction and joy. "Happy is everyone who fears the Lord, who walks in His ways. You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall go well with you" (Psalm 128:1-2).

Forgive me for every time I've ever been willing to listen to the voice of my enemy to question Your goodness or doubt Your intentions. Forgive me for every time I've insisted on my own will and my own way from the pride and rebellion of my selfishness and self-centeredness that only blocks the power of Your grace in my life where I need it the most (James 4:6).

Thank You for the fruit of salvation that comes from the tree at Calvary that broke the curse from the fruit of the tree in the Garden of Eden (Romans 5:15). Thank You for loving me and wanting the best for me, never holding out on me. "In (You) we have redemption through (Your) blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according the riches of (Your) grace that (You) lavished on us" (Ephesians 1:7). Today I choose by the grace of God to eat of the fruit of the tree of life (Genesis 2:9; Proverbs 3:18; Revelation 22:14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray that by the power of the grace of God available to all through the sacrifice of the cross and the blood of Christ you will eat the fruit of the tree of life and fully embrace all the blessings of God He has given to you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!