Monday, January 26, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 26 - Not Good to Be Alone

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Fill my spirit with Your Spirit and my day with Your plans.  ...

"Then the Lord God said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner.' ... So the Lord caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and close up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man He made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, 'This is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called Woman, for out of Man this one was taken.' Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh. And the man and his wife were both naked, and were not ashamed" (Genesis 2:18-25).

Sometimes we say things like, "I only need God." It sounds humble and holy. But it's not true. We need You above all. We need You first and foremost. But You've also created us to need one another. 

It's not good for us to be alone. We need a helper. "Surely, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life" (Psalm 54:4). "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?" (Hebrews 13:6) And You give us Your abiding Presence, Your Holy Spirit as our heavenly Helper (John 14:16). But we also need a helper in human flesh and blood -- not just a helper as in someone to make life a little easier or a little less lonely, but someone we can't live without, someone who becomes a part of us, as much a part of us as our very bones and our very flesh (Matthew 19:6).

"Two are better than one ...  (and) woe to one who is alone" (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10). We need the encouragement and companionship. We need the counsel and correction. We need the challenge to our selfishness and self-centeredness. "The one who lives alone (can become) self-indulgent, showing contempt for all who have sound judgment" (Proverbs 18:1). 

So You give us the gift and the command to "love one another" (John 13:34). You encourage us to serve one another (John 13:14). And You challenge us to "outdo one another in showing honor" to each other (Romans 12:10).

We need You and we need each other. We need Your help and we need to help each other (Romans 14:19). That's how You created us from the beginning. And that's why You still love to heal us and free us from loneliness to align us and unite us in the relationships You've chosen for us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Lord will align you and unite you in the relationships He has chosen for you, and that you would be deeply loved as you deeply love the ones on the journey with you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!