Friday, January 02, 2015


Morning by Morning, January 2 - Go in Faith into this New Year

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart. ...

"Now the Lord had said to Abram, 'Go from your country and your kindred and your father's house to the land that I will show you. I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you, and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.' So Abram went, as the Lord told him..." (Genesis 12:1-4).

Abraham began his journey in faith. And his faith in You guided his steps all along the way. Sometimes he faltered, sometimes he failed; but his faith remained. And you honored his faith. "Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,' and he was called the friend of God" (James 2:23).

I'm excited to begin the journey of this new year trusting in You with all the faith You've established in me. Sometimes I literally cry when I think of Your tender mercies, Your unfailing love, and Your relentless grace for me through every time I've faltered or failed. Yet You strengthen my faith every time You pick me up and hold me close and set me back on the path of the journey You've destined for me. "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" (Romans 11:29).

Lord, fill my spirit with expectant faith. Through faith, I am a spiritual descendant of Abraham. "Just as Abraham 'believed God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness,' so, you see, those who believe are the descendants of Abraham" (Galatians 3:6). And I believe by faith, as I begin this journey of this new year, You will continue to pour out Your blessings upon me and through me everywhere You send me, in ways I could never deserve and never earn--all for the glory of Your name, expressing the nature of Your mercy and love. "For this reason, those who believe are blessed with Abraham who believed" (Galatians 3:9). To God be the glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will go in faith into this new year the Lord has set apart for You to bless you and bless others through you, all for the glory of His name. In the name of Jesus, be forgiven and freed of every failure of your past to move forward into the fullness of your God-given destiny in Christ. Happy New Year! God bless you, my friend!

 
Friends, Thank You so much for joining with me in this journey of faith, seeking God and seeking to follow the leading of His Holy Spirit morning by morning in prayer. God bless you!

 

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!