Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 14 - Seeking Deeper Humility

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me close to You, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

"All who exalt themselves will be humbled, and all who humble themselves will be exalted" (Matthew 23:12).

Teach me how to humble myself more deeply this year.

We often begin our years asking for great things --to increase, to prosper, to advance. We often find something in us that wants to be exalted. But You said it's the one who humbles himself whom You exalt. And You said all who try to exalt themselves, to build their own kingdoms, pursue their own plans, in their own power, in their own wisdom, apart from You, whom You humble. 

You oppose the proud, but give grace to the humble (James 4:6). And apart from You, we can do nothing (John 15:5).

So Lord, I don't want to be apart from You. I don't want to exalt myself. I want to learn how to humble myself in Your sight so You can lift me up (James 4:10). If I am to increase, to prosper, to advance, I want it to be by Your hand and not mine, coming from a humble heart that seeks Your will and Your way, not asserting my own. 

Help me get to that place in my heart, more deeply than ever before. Help me learn to humble myself to willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. Help me desire to be more teachable, more correctable. Help me be less self-centered, less self-righteous. Set me free from the spirit of pride and fill me up with a Spirit of humility --just like Yours:  "He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death--even death on a cross. Therefore God also highly exalted Him" (Philippians 2:8-9). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Lord will empower you to increase, to prosper, to advance, as He exalts you to the place He has chosen for you and as you humble yourself in His sight more deeply than ever before. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!