Thursday, January 29, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 29 - "Where are You?"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are the King of kings and Lord of lords. Be King and Lord of every moment of my day.  ...

"They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden a the time of the evening breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, and said to him, 'Where are you?'" (Genesis 3:8-9).

Like every generation before us, we stumble and sin, we defy Your will and then try to run and hide. We pull away from Your presence because we feel unworthy and ashamed. But Your love never fails. "Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue (us)" (Psalm 23:6 NLT). In Your mercy and love, You pursue us and call out to us, "Where are you?" It's in Your heart to "seek out and to save the lost" (Luke 19:10).

Thank You for every time You've sought me out. Thank You for every time You've forgiven my sins and restored my soul. Thank You for every time You didn't take "No" for an answer when I spurned Your grace in my self-pity. Thank You for every time You wouldn't allow "I'm not worthy" to stand as my identity and steal my destiny. Thank You for Your unrelenting, unfailing pursuit of my heart despite my sin.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).

Every morning, You speak to my spirit, "Where are You?" And weather I'm feeling like a sinner or a saint or a little of both, You draw me near to Your presence and remind me who I am -- a child of God, forever forgiven and deeply loved. 

Here I am, Lord. Thank You for pursuing me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My Friend,  I pray you will hear the voice of the One who loves you and forgives you and always pursues you to embrace you in His presence in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
  
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!