Wednesday, January 07, 2015


Morning by Morning, January 7 - Thank God for Good Friends

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Lord and Savior, my Master and King, and my faithful Friend forever.  ...

"As for us, we can't help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord" (2 Thessalonians 2:13 NLT).

Thank You, God, for all Your goodness. And thank You for the gift of every faithful friend You've brought into my life. Though they knew my faults, they loved me anyway. Though I went through troubling times, they stood by me anyway. Though they didn't always agree with every choice I ever made, they still believed I was trying my best to follow Your leading even when I misunderstood or missed the mark. I can't help but thank You for each one of them.

Lord, empower me by Your grace to be a faithful friend too. Let me be free to share my thoughts even when I may be wrong, to speak the truth as I understand it to be, to take time to listen, to make time to present, sometimes to patiently endure and always to love. Let me be one who first assumes the best intentions, who easily forgives, who makes no record of wrongs, who's quick to admit my mistakes, and always believes You're always at work to redeem all things we entrust to You with humility in prayer.

Good friends are an expression of the nature and character of our good God (Exodus 33:11; James 2:23). I thank You that You are my Friend and I am Yours (John 15:15). And I thank You for the one You have chosen to journey with me as my best friend for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray God will grant you the gift of good friends and empower you to be a good friend with the nature of His Spirit in your heart. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, if you're in the area, you're welcome to come join us this afternoon between 4-7:00 at our ministry office in San Antonio for wedding cake and coffee to celebrate the marriage of Tommy & Rocio HaysThank you for all the good wishes, prayers, and blessings!

  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!