Thursday, January 22, 2015

Morning by Morning, January 22 - Relationship and Responsibility

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, Good Shepherd of my soul.  ...

"The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to till it and keep it" (Genesis 2:15).

You create us for relationship and responsibility. You create us with a need to be productive, not passive. And You give us a sense of joy, security, and direction as we put our hands and heart to the work You've prepared for us.

Adam was to till the soil, to prepare the ground and prepare the way for the blessings of fruit and harvest to come. He was to keep it and tend it, to take a sense of ownership in it, as he cultivated and cared for what You entrusted to him.

You didn't need that garden to give You fruit in heaven. Adam needed that garden as a means of Your grace to bring fruit and fulfillment into his life. Adam needed identity and direction. He needed relationship and responsibility. And as he cultivated his garden, You were cultivating his heart. As You were teaching him the principles of seedtime and harvest, You were teaching the principles of spirit and life in the kingdom of God.

Thank You for the garden You've given me. Thank You for my relationship with You as a son of God and the responsibility You've entrusted to me as a servant of God. I pray You will favor and prosper the work of my hands as You continue Your work of ministry in the spiritual maturity of my heart. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you experience deep joy, security, and direction, as you are about your Father's business, caring  for and cultivating all He has entrusted to you and growing in your relationship with Him. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!