Saturday, January 21, 2006

"Victory Belongs to the Lord" 1-21-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. "I love You, O Lord, my strength. You are my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so I shall be saved from my enemies" (from Psalm 18:1-3). ... Terror has no power unless I allow it to make me afraid. Deception has no effect unless I allow my mind to doubt the truth and believe the lies. Death has lost its sting if I am already dead to the holds of this world and alive to the calling of Christ. Life or death, heaven or earth, I stand secure and victorious in You. And in You, I stand firm against the forces of terror and deception and death. "For You girded me with strength for the battle; You made my assailants sink under me. You made my enemies turn their backs to me, and those who hated me I destroyed" (Psalm 18:39-40). This is a spiritual battle, won and fought on spiritual ground with spiritual weapons. And in the Spirit, the victory is won. "The wicked put on a bold face, but the upright give thought to their ways. No wisdom, no understanding, no counsel, can avail against the Lord. The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but the victory belongs to the Lord" (Proverbs 21:29-31). Lord, make me ready for battle -- ready to stand firm in my faith in You; ready to fight with the weapons of our warfare that others may be secured in the stronghold of the faith that is not shaken by even the shaking of the earth itself. Make me ready to look with my eyes and behold Your victory -- the victory of the cross through the blood of the Lamb. By this, we shall overcome (Revelation 12:11). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." www.messiah-ministries.org Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com