Sunday, January 01, 2006

"Everything has become New!" 1-1-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Happy New Year! I begin this new day of this new Year with You. ... "So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!" (2 Corinthians 5:17) The first day of a new year speaks of the joy and freedom of a clean slate and a fresh start. Some see it as a day to enter in to new commitments and resolutions to try harder and do better in this year what couldn't be done last year and the years before. But in Christ, neither the shame or regrets of the sins of the past nor the temptation to rest in the complacency of victories and success has any hold upon what You can do in me and through me in this day and every day ahead. By the power of the blood of Jesus, old things have passed away and everything has become new. Paul asked, "Do you not know that a little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough? Clean out the old yeast so that you may be a new batch, as you really are unleavened. For our paschal lamb, Christ has been sacrificed. Therefore let us celebrate the festival, not with the old yeast, the yeast of malice and evil, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth" (1 Corinthians 5:6-8). In this day of celebration, I praise You for cleaning out the yeast of flesh and sin, shame and regret, disappointments and failures by the blood of the Lamb. Rather than enter in to any form of bondage of resolutions that are not likely to be kept in the power of human strength and will, I celebrate my freedom from the past and the anticipation of my future in You. I entrust the whole batch of the dough of my heart to the kneading of Your hands and the filling of the yeast of Your Holy Spirit. Arise in my soul my Lord. Like fresh hot bread, let my life be pleasing aroma to You through this new year and in every year to come. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com