Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"Listen to Him!" 1-18-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to Your face and seeking the leading of Your voice. Your sheep know Your voice. I am one of Your sheep and You are my Shepherd. ... You led Peter, James, and John "up a high mountain apart, by themselves" and You were "transfigured before them." They saw "Elijah with Moses, who were talking with Jesus." Peter said something, but really "did not know what to say, for they were terrified." Then the voice of God the Father spoke to them from the midst of the cloud the came and overshadowed them, "This is My beloved Son; listen to Him! Suddenly they looked around, they saw no one with them anymore, but only Jesus" (Mark 8:2-8). Yes, Father. You speak to my spirit from the cloud of the Spirit of Your presence covering the mountain of prayer. In this place apart with You, let the fear of God come up me to humble me in the silence of surrender before You. The words of Your law and the words of Your prophets are perfectly fulfilled in Jesus the Christ, Your beloved Son and my beloved Lord. He is Your Word. Give me the wisdom and humility to obey Your command and "listen to Him." As I do, Your Spirit will focus the eyes of my heart to see no one else, "but only Jesus." In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays www.messiah-ministries.org Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Saturday night for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com