Monday, January 02, 2006

Aroma of Christ 1-2-05

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Abide in me as I abide in You, I pray. ... We prayed in my Sunday School class yesterday that this year would be a year of deliberately drawing nearer to You than ever before. In this year, let every veil that separates us become thinner by the day -- the veil between heaven and earth, between the supernatural and the natural, between how things should be and how they are. Let wishful thinking become fulfilled obedience. Let hope deferred become dreams come true, as You increasingly invade the realm of the earth with the presence of heaven. Then, Tricia and I were taking a little Sunday afternoon nap on our day of rest -- she in one end of the house and I in the other. We both woke to the strong aroma of fresh hot bread -- but there was no bread in the natural realm. Then we both remembered that was the very phrase You had given me in prayer on New Year's Day about living our lives this year as a pleasing aroma to You. We are convinced this was a simple sign of confirmation that there will be an increase of the awareness of Your Presence with us and with the body of Christ this year. Praise You, Jesus! Come Holy Spirit! "Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life. I Am the Bread of Life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness and they died. This is the Bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I Am the Living Bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this Bread will live forever; and the Bread that I will give for the life of this world is My Flesh" (John 6:47-51). Lord Jesus, You are the Bread of Life who comes down from heaven to live in us by Your Spirit. "For we are the aroma of Christ to God;" and in You, we are "a fragrance from life to life" (2 Corinthians 2:15-16). This year and every year, please keep filling my home and my heart with the aroma of Your Presence and let others be drawn to the Bread of Life living in me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's on Biblical, spiritual principles of inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com