Tuesday, January 24, 2006

"A Strong Tower" 1-24-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call upon Your name and I choose to be called by Your name -- "Christian," one who follows Christ. ... "The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run into it and are safe. The wealth of the rich is their strong city; in their imagination it is like a high wall. Before one's destruction one's heart is haughty, but humility goes before honor" (Proverbs 18:10-12). There is safety, provision, and protection in Your name. Your name speaks of Your nature -- "Jesus" from the Greek, "Yeshua" from the Hebrew -- The Salvation of Yaweh. "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among mortals by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). Salvation is living the fullness the life You have given each of us to live, eternally -- now and forever. Not just now, but forever. No just forever, but also now. To be alive to Christ and the fullness of this life for which we were created is to be dead to our own desires apart from You. To the degree we are, the world, the flesh, and the devil have no power over us. To the degree we are, we trust not in earthly riches or power or security, but in the heavenly name of the One who holds our lives in His hands -- now and forever. As best I can and all by Your grace, I choose to humble myself before You, to desperately depend upon You alone as my safety, my provision, and my protection. Here in the strong tower of Your name, I am safe and I am saved -- no matter what happens. Earth has no power over me, for I belong to Heaven. I will not fear man, but fear the Lord my God; I will not trust in my riches of my own strength or wisdom, but trust in the Lord alone (Luke 12:4-7). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com