Friday, January 27, 2006

Worship on Eagle's Wings 1-27-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. In these first moments of the morning, I watch for Your leading and wait in the silence of surrender before You. Come make me to lie down in Your green pastures as You lead me beside Your still waters. Restore my soul -- bring my body into submission to my soul, my soul into submission to my spirit, and my spirit into submission to Your Holy Spirit. Let my cup be filled in these moments of worship and prayer with the fullness of Your presence, that You may pour me out as You will throughout this day. ... A friend coming for spiritual direction gave me a tape of simple, but powerful, songs of worship, and Your Spirit keeps singing one of them in my spirit. This song of worship called "Eagle's Wings" is my prayer of willing submission and trusting surrender in the intimacy of true worship to You -- my Lord, my Shepherd, my Best Friend: "Here I am waiting. Abide in me I pray. Here I am longing for You. Hide me in Your love. Bring me to my knees. May I know Jesus more and more. Come live in me, all my life. Take over. Come breathe in me. And I will rise on eagle's wings" (by Reuben Morgan). Yes, Lord. This is my worship; this is my prayer. Let me know You more and more every day -- as I watch and wait for Your presence, then rise and follow Your lead. "But those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint" (Isaiah 40:31). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com