Thursday, January 26, 2006

Found Favor -- 1-26-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I need Your wisdom and I need Your grace. I need You. As best as I can, I give You all my heart and mind and soul and strength. I ask for the peace that comes from trusting You with all I have and all I am. ... "The Lord saw the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually... But Noah found favor in the sight of the Lord" (Genesis 6:5-8). Lord, purge the wickedness from my soul -- the wickedness of self-centeredness and self-pity, the wickedness of trusting in my own power and strength instead of humbling myself to desperately depend upon You, the wickedness of my pride that causes me to be in control instead of entrusting control to You. Deliver me from the evil inclinations of my thoughts and the unholy desires of my heart that are drawn to the sin of the culture around me, rather than boldly shining as a light in the midst of the darkness. Purify me and sanctify me by "the washing of water by the Word" (Ephesians 5:26). Let a flood of Your Spirit wash through my soul, and draw me up into the ark of Your presence. Let me find favor in Your sight. You favor those who seek Your wisdom with wisdom and You favor those who seek Your grace with grace. Noah found favor in the sight of the Lord because "Noah walked with God" (Genesis 6:9). I want to walk with You, Lord. Guide my steps in the path of Your presence. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's on healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Saturday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com