Monday, October 15, 2012

"Near to the Brokenhearted" - October 15

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my eyes, open up my heart, and call out Your name. The Spirit and the Bride say, "Come." And I say, "Come." Come into my heart, into my thoughts, into every moment of my day. You are welcome here; You are welcome now. ...
"The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.... The Lord redeems the life of His servants; none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned" (Psalm 34:18-32).
Like the father who ran to embrace the return of his prodigal son, like Your example of mercy and love when You reached out with compassion to the thief who turned his heart to You as he hung on his cross of shame, You are a God who never stops loving and never stops longing to embrace Your hurting children. You always draw "near to the brokenhearted," and then You "heal the brokenhearted"- if we'll just turn to You and let You come close (Isaiah 61:1, fulfilled in Christ, Luke 4:18).
No matter how far away we've run, how deep a pit we've dug, or how much pain we've endured, You come after us; You reach out to us; You embrace us and hold us tight, like You'll never let us go. Because You never will.
Then in the mercy and power of Your grace, You even redeem it and somehow even cause good to come out of it. You never waste a moment of our sufferings or miss an opportunity to use our challenges, in Your undying passion to make us more like You (Romans 8:17). What an amazing God You are. You are worthy to be praised and worthy to be trusted with all that I am and all that I have. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, thank you for joining with me in this journey of prayer -- it's my life-line and power supply, to start the day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. I pray the Lord will draw near to you, embrace and encourage you, and surround you with His tender mercies and steadfast love today and every day. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
I sent out a note Friday to my friends and ministry relationships on my email list with a significant update in my personal life. Thank you for your prayers of God's grace for my family and this ministry through this coming season. I'm so grateful for the overwelming flood of kindness and prayers that came rushing in. The Body of Christ is a beautiful thing. (If you didn't get my note, it's because I din't have your current email on my list. Please send it to me and all add it to my list if you'd like: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org )
I'm near Amarillo at Ceta Canyon for the next few days, speaking on prayer and my personal prayer journey at the Pastor's Retreat for the Northwest Texas Conference, United Methodist Church. I'm note sure about my access to internet for a few days. Please keep us in prayer, and may the Holy Spirit continue to draw you more deeply into intimacy with the Lord in your personal spiritual life.
Friends, please make plans to come join us for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ! We are setting up an on-line registration, but please send me an email if you're interested. Several have already signed up. These are always very powerful and encouraging spiritual meetings.
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502