Thursday, October 18, 2012


Morning by Morning, October 18 - "Slight Momentary Affliction"
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I entrust my mind to Your thoughts, my heart to Your desires, and my feet to Your path. ...
"So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen, for what can be seen in temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).
Every affliction can prepare us. Every struggle can strengthen us. Every failure can humble us. And every blessing can encourage us. If we'll entrust all things to You, You'll use all things to work together for Your great purpose of making us more like You (Romans 8:28-29).
Though they hardly ever seem like it at the time, the afflictions of this world - whether self-inflicted or inflicted by others - are only "slight" and only "momentary" in the bigger picture of Your greater purposes. Lord, help me see them that way, seeing them from the inside out and from the future glory back to the present afflictions. Give me Your perspective. Help me never lose heart, but keep entrusting my heart to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends,  I pray you'll never lose heart in whatever afflictions you are encountering, but be strenghtened and encouraged by the Lord your God through them all. He loves you and wll never let you go. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
Thank you so much for your prayers for us at at the Pastor's Retreat for the Northwest Texas Conference, United Methodist Church at Ceta Canyon this week, where I was speaking on prayer and inner healing prayer ministry with the Bishop, Pastors, and Leaders. We had a great time of engaging the topics and being refreshed in the Spirit. I was especailly honored to get to have personal time of one-on-one prayer ministry with many leaders and honored for them to pray for me in my own journey through this challenging season. Please keep us in prayer that there will be lasting changes in our lives and ministries from this time apart in powerful Presence of Jesus. May the Holy Spirit continue to draw you more deeply into intimacy with the Lord in your personal spiritual life.
Friends, please make plans to come join us for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ! We are setting up an on-line registration, but please send me an email reply if you're interested. Many have already signed up, locally and from different states, so we are every excited and expectant. These are always very powerful and encouraging spiritual meetings. Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested.
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502