Friday, October 12, 2012

Passionate and Impulsive - October 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. We've been together on this journey of prayer every morning for a long time now. I thank You that You are always here when I settle in for a little time with You in these first moments of my morning, to start my day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Your Presence is worth more to me than all the treasures of all the kingdoms of this world. ...
"Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it, struck the high priest's slave, and cut off his right ear. The slave's name was Malchus. Jesus said to Peter, 'Put your sword back into its sheath. Am I not to drink the cup that the Father has given Me?' " (John 18:10-11)
Peter was passionate and impulsive. He loved You with all his heart. But he also, too often, was too quick to assume he knew Your heart and understood Your will. He often acted passionately and impulsively in his flesh, instead of taking the time to follow Your Spirit. Sometimes the very gifts of God that made him uniquely who he was were the very things that got him into trouble, causing harm to himself and to others.
But Peter never caused any harm You couldn't heal (Luke 22:51). And the power of Your blood can redeem and overcome every sin and failure we will humbly entrust to You through confession and repentance. You'll even use those, like everything else, to cause all things to work together for our good when we love You with all our heart (Romans 8:28).
Thank You for Your tender mercies and steadfast love, despite all my passions and impulsiveness. Thank You for Your forgiveness and redemption to clean up my messes and heal my damages. Thank You for never giving up on me, never turning away from me, never abandoning me. No, You never let go. "No, in all these things ... (nothing) will be able to separate (me) from the love of God in Christ Jesus (my) Lord" (Romans 8:37-39). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, I pray the Lord will heal your hurts and any hurts you've caused, trying to move in your gifts and the unique identity the Lord has given you. May He turn it all around and use it for your good and His glory, as you entrust it all to Him. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
I will be sending out a note to my friends and ministry relationships with a significant update in my personal life, so I would especially appreciate your prayers of God's grace for my family and this ministry today and through this coming season.
Friends, please make plans to come join us for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502