Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Morning by Morning, October 1 - Run the Race Looking to Jesus

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit.  ...

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a could of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:1-2).

Lord Jesus, I'm looking to You as I run my race. Set me free from everything that would weigh me down, hold me back, or trip me up. For the sake of the joy of seeing Your face and embracing the fullness of Your grace, I want to press on and persevere. I want to endure and overcome -- not just surviving, but thriving; not just dragging across the finish line, but catching a second wind of Your Holy Spirit.

So I will arise and run with all the strength and passion You pour into my spirit. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I want to run my race to win the prize (1 Corinthians 9:24). I want to "press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:14). I want that crown You've set aside for me and for all who run their race looking to You -- "the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him" (James 1:12). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  in my prayers I'm cheering you on to run your race and win your prize, looking to Jesus all the way. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue