Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Morning by Morning, December 16 - "Whoever Believes"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day knowing I'm embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...
 
"Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves Him who is begotten of Him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:1-5 NKJV)
 
I believe in God, my Father, Creator of heaven and earth. And I believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, both fully God and fully man. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the promise of my Father who brings the love and life of God into my heart through Jesus Christ every moment of every day. 
 
I believe I'm loved by God as a child of God, created and called to love God and love others as an expression and personification of the love of God through my life in this world. That's the faith that overcomes this world. And that the power that transforms this world, that the kingdom of God may come, that the will of God may be done, here on earth as it is in heaven -- through my life and the lives of all who believe.
 
In this season of celebration of the birth of Christ, I celebrate the love of God breaking into our world, like a great light bursting into the darkness, to awaken every heart with faith to believe in the God who is love and loves every one of us (1 John 4:8). "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved" (John 3:16-17). That's what makes Christmas merry to me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will be filled with faith to believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God, that the love of God may flow through your life to overcome and transform the world around you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!