Thursday, December 03, 2015

Morning by Morning, December 3 - Shhh.... Waiting in the Silence for the Fullness of Time to Come
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. God the Father, God the Son, the God the Holy Spirit -- You are One; and You are holy; and You are here. As I begin my day in the communion of prayer, I welcome You here into my heart and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, in order to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as children. And because (we) are children, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So (we) are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God" (Galatians 4:4-7).
 
For the four hundred of silence of Scripture between the prophecies of Malachi and pronouncements of Matthew, all heaven and earth awaited the fullness of time to come. Like in the days of Amos, but with regard to the writings of Scripture during this time, "there was a famine on the land; not a famine of bread, or a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord" (Amos 8:11). No doubt You were speaking to the hearts of those who were seeking You and the fullness of Your salvation to come, like Anna (Luke 2:36) and Simeon (Luke 2:25), but Your written Word was silent.
 
In a way, it seems as if Your Spirit was speaking through the silence of Scripture, "Shhhh.... Just wait. Wait for the One to come. Wait for the One who is My Son. Wait for the One who will reveal My heart in human flesh to set all things right between you and Me, My children"
 
Come, Holy Spirit. In this season of preparation for the coming of Christ, stir in my heart with deeper hunger and thirst for Your Word and Your Presence. Give me grace to live in the tension of both the patience of waiting and also the eager anticipation of welcoming the One to come. Even though in the birth of Christ the fullness of time has come, may I never stopping longing for more -- more of You in my life, as I entrust more of my life to You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray the Holy Spirit will stir in your heart with a deeper hunger and thirst for the Word and the Presence of God, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!