Monday, December 07, 2015

Morning by Morning, December 7 - "His Star in the East"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I welcome Your Word and Your Spirit here in my heart and the moments of my day.  ...
 
"Wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, 'Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him'" (Matthew 2:1-2 NKJV).
 
Long before the day of Your birth, the heavens were proclaiming Your coming. Long before Christmas day, wise men from the East began their journey to seek and worship the newborn King. They saw the signs of Your coming in the heavens and were moved to worship in their hearts.
 
And though that guiding star no longer lingers over Bethlehem, Your creation still proclaims Your glory and moves us to worship the One who stills comes into every heart that seeks You. "The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is not speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world" (Psalm 19:1-4 NRSV).
 
Open my eyes to see the stars that shine and the mountains that stand and the seas that roar to declare Your glory and Your Presence. As I behold Your creation I'm filled with anticipation. And I'm moved to seek and to worship the One who still comes into our world and into our hearts in the unfolding story of Your glory in the midst of our lives, O Emmanuel -- God with us (Matthew 1:23). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you'll be moved to seek and to worship the One whose glory is proclaimed in all creation around us and by His Spirit within us, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!