Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Morning by Morning, December 23 - Treasure and Ponder the Word of the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Glory to God in the highest. Be glorified here in my heart.  ...
 
"But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart" (Luke 2:19).
 
The angel Gabriel told Mary she had found favor with God (v. 1:30). He spoke to her of her calling and destiny, that she would give birth to a Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit in her womb, whom she would name Jesus, the Savior of all the world (v. 1:31). 
 
Now it was all happening. The story of her life and the plans of God were all unfolding. She "believed that there would be a fulfillment of hat was spoken to her by the Lord" (v. 1:45). And with every day and every encounter, she treasured every word and pondered the meaning and purpose of every experience in her unfolding story of God's plans through her life.
 
Lord, help me take time to remember the words You spoken to my spirit and ponder them in my heart. Give me faith to believe Your word and Your plans for my life. Every day may not be filled with extraordinary miracles and angelic encounters, but every day is a step in the journey of faith You've chosen for me.
 
"In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the purpose of Him who accomplishes all things according to His counsel and will, so that we, who were the first to set our hop on Christ, might live for the praise of His glory. In Him, (we) also, when (we) had heard the word of truth, the gospel of (our) salvation, and had believed in Him, were marked with the seal of the promised Holy Spirit; this the pledge of our inheritance toward redemption as God's own people, to the praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:11-14).
 
Speak Your word to my spirit today, I pray. In faith and wonder, give me the wisdom and grace to treasure them and ponder them in my heart. And in obedience and anticipation, may I respond with trusting faith like Mary, "Here I am, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to (Your) word" (Luke 1:38). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



I pray you will treasure and ponder the word of the Lord in your heart, as the purposes and plans of God are fulfilled in the unfolding story of your life, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
  


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!