Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Morning by Morning, December 30 - Dedicated as Holy to the Lord
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me deeply into the communion of prayer, as I begin my day seeking Your face.  ...
 
"When the time came for the their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought (Jesus) up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord (as it was written in the law of the Lord, 'Every firstborn male shall be designated as holy to the Lord'), and they offered a sacrifice according to what is stated in the law of the Lord, 'a pair of turtledoves or two young pigeons'" (Luke 2:22-24).
 
Under the law of the Old Covenant, the firstborn was dedicated and set apart to the priesthood of God. The living sacrifice of the firstborn was a life given over completely to service of God above all else. And now, under the New Covenant in Christ, we are all the firstborn of God. Jesus was "the firstborn among many" (Romans 8:29 NLT). 
 
Through Christ, each one of us is "a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God" (Romans 12:1). Each one of us is set apart, holy to the Lord, wholly surrendered to Him as "a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that (we) may proclaim the praises of Him who called (us) out of darkness into His marvelous light" (1 Peter 2:9 NKJV). And each one us holds the inheritance and birthright of the chosen children of God -- "heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ" (Romans 8:17).
 
Father God, in the name of Jesus, I offer my life as a living sacrifice to You. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit, as You set me apart as "holy to the Lord," wholly surrendered to You. I embrace my inheritance as a child of God, an heir of God, a priest of God to proclaim the praises of the One who call me out of darkness and into Your marvelous light. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



May you completely embrace the fullness of your inheritance and your calling as a child of God, a firstborn in Christ, dedicated and holy to the Lord, wholly surrendered to Him, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
    



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!