Friday, January 27, 2017

Morning by Morning, January 27 - Especially "Prophesy"
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You, Lord -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- and welcome You into every area of my life and every moment of my day.  ...
 
"Pursue love and strive for the spiritual gifts, and especially that you may prophesy" (1 Corinthians 14:1).
 
Your Word encourages me to pursue love and to pursue service. And in my pursuit of loving You and loving others, of serving You and serving others, You encourage me that above all the other gifts and graces You may express through my life by Your Spirit in Your love, I should seek "especially" to "prophesy."
 
While many think of "prophecy" as foreseeing the future, like John seeing and sharing the future events as in the Book of Revelation or even Nostradamus recording his visions, Your Word says "those who prophesy speak to other people for their up-building and encouragement and consolation" (v. 14:3). "He who prophesies speaks edification and exhortation and comfort to men" (v. 14:3 NKJ). And don't we all need more of that -- more of that, spoken in love into our spirits, from Your heart to ours, through those who are willing to be Your ambassadors of encouragement, comfort, and hope.
 
Come, Holy Spirit. Help me grow in my capacity to hear the heart of our Father and the voice of our Good Shepherd (John 10:4). Help me grow in grace to hear and speak the word of the Lord -- to "sustain the weary with a word" -- Your words of love that edify and exhort, that build up and embolden, that encourage and empower Your children in the security of Your ever-abiding presence and Your ever-unfolding plans for our lives (Isaiah 50:4).
 
So help me grow in my intimacy with You, so that I know Your heart, recognize Your voice, and hear Your word -- for me and for those You want to love and encourage through me. "Deep calls to deep" -- so take me deeper still into the deep communion of my spirit with Your Spirit in the daily journey of worship and prayer that unites my heart with Yours (Psalm 42:7). "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). 
 
From that deep place of intimacy and unity with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I can obey the commission and command of Your Word:  "Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you has received. Whoever speaks must do so as one speaking the very words of God; whoever serves must do so with the strength that God supplies, so that God may be glorified in all things through Jesus Christ. To Him belong the glory and the power forever and ever!" (1 Peter 4:10-11) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


I pray you grow in the depth of intimacy and unity with God, that you may prophesy in love, as you hear and speak the word of the Lord into the hearts of His children whenever His Spirit leads you, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

    



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!