Monday, September 07, 2020

More Like Jesus Each Day - September 7, 2020

 Morning by Morning, September 7 - More Like Jesus Each Day

 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the hand and lead me by the heart -- Hand to hand, Heart to heart, Spirit to spirit -- as You lead me in the way that leads to life in You today. ...
 
"Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.... But you are not in the flesh; you are in the Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to Him. But if Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. If the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Jesus from the dead will give life to your mortal bodies also through His Spirit that dwells in you" (Romans 8:5-11).
 
To "set (my) mind on the things of the Spirit" is to entrust my mind to Your Mind, my thoughts to Your Thoughts, my will to Your Will, my spirit to Your Spirit. I decrease, as You increase. I surrender more of me to more of You. I yield more of my ways, so I can walk more faithfully in Your ways. More of my flesh is put to death, so more of Your Spirit can live in me.
 
It's a daily journey. It's a moment by moment choice. "So then, brothers and sisters, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh -- for if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God" (Romans 8:12-14).
 
I'm a child of God, being led by the Spirit of God. I'm a beloved son on the journey of being conformed into the image of the Son of God -- more every day, as I set my mind on You and yield my spirit to Yours (Romans 8:29). And You've given me Your Spirit -- the Holy Spirit, "the Spirit of Christ," the "Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead" -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God -- to do this in me as I surrender to You. All of me yielding to all of You. And it's Your very Spirit, abiding in me, living in me, fully alive within me, who bears witness with my spirit that I am Your child and I'm on this journey (Romans 8:15-17).
 
Thank You, Lord. Lord, have Your way in me today -- and every day. "We ourselves, who have the first fruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly while we wait for adoption, the redemption of our bodies. For in hope we were saved.... Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness...." (Romans 8:23-26). Help me, Holy Spirit of the Living God --"Spirit of Christ" at work within me -- on my life-long journey to become more like Jesus, morning by morning, day by day, moment by moment. 
 
As I set my mind on the things of the Spirit, "looking to Jesus" (Hebrews 12:2), You'll be changing me into Your image "from glory to glory" by Your Spirit, alive and at work within me (2 Corinthians 3:18). "Christ in (me), the hope of glory" (Colossians 1:27). As You are, so am I to be (1 John 4:17). 
 
Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be led by the Spirit of God as a child of God, looking to Jesus and allowing His Spirit to make you more like Him each day, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!           


  
Thursday Night, October 1st. Save the Date! 
I'm excited to be the Keynote Speaker at the Central Texas Area Aglow Meeting at the Kendall Inn of Boerne, Texas next to Peggys-on-the-Green. My wife Rocio and I will be ministering the healing love of God after the message, in a deep atmosphere of worship and prayer. Come join us at 7:00 pm and spread the word! More details to follow.

Free to Be Like Jesus!
--Transforming Power
 of Inner Healing & Deliverance
   


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!