Tuesday, September 01, 2020

"Stand Your Ground" - September 1, 2020

Morning by Morning, September 1 - “Stand Your Ground”
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Keep me grounded in Your Word and filled with Your Spirit. ...
 
As I listen for Your leading this morning, I hear in my heart, “Stand your ground.” ...
 
Yes, Lord. Show me what You mean for me today...
 
This Scripture immediately comes to mind:
 
“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints” (Ephesians 6:10-18).
 
I know this Scripture well. I’m often led to “put on the whole armor of God” piece by piece in prayer and proclamation in the morning before I step out of my shower and into my day. In putting on the armor, I’m putting on Christ, to deliberately, intentionally affirm and declare that I am “clothed in Christ” (Colossians 3:27). 
 
Lord Jesus, You are my Belt of Truth (John 14:16); You are my Breastplate of Righteousness (1 Corinthians 1:30); You are my Shoes of Peace (Ephesians 2:14); You are my Shield of Faith (Hebrews 12:2); You are my Helmet of Salvation (Acts 4:12); You are my Sword of the Spirit, the Word of God (John 1:14). And when I “pray in the Spirit at all times,” Your Holy Spirit is building up my faith (Jude 1:20), continually clothing me in Christ, and empowering me in Christ to stand firm in You.
 
That’s how I’m “strong in the Lord.” That’s how I “stand firm” all “in the strength of Your power.” That’s how I “stand against the wiles of the devil.” That’s how I “overcome” my spiritual enemies and “overthrow” what would seek to stand against me and steal away from me my “ground” and all You’ve entrusted to me (Revelation 12:11).
 
By the power of Your grace, in the whole armor of God, continually clothed in Christ as I pray in the Spirit at all times, I will not “shrink back” from my trust and faith in You (Hebrews 10:39). By the power of Your grace, may I never surrender nor retreat before the enemies of the cross and the wiles of the devil! “Having done all” because You’ve done all this in me, I will stand my ground. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you "stand your ground" in the power of God's grace, clothed in Christ and the whole armor of God, praying in the Spirit at all times, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

              
Healing Academy Tonight.
Friends, please keep us in prayer as Rocio and I travel to Fredericksburg tonight to continue teaching our Healing Academy at the Bridge Church. Praying for anointed teaching and equipping, but also powerful encounters with the Holy Spirit! I pray those encounters for you!

I'll be teaching from the Biblical Principles of my book:

Free to Be Like Jesus!
--Transforming Power
 of Inner Healing & Deliverance
   


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!