Tuesday, September 08, 2020

"One" with God? - September 8, 2020

Morning by Morning, September 8 - "One" with God?
 
Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are One with the Father and One with the Holy Spirit. I welcome You now to be One within me, in the mystery of faith and only by the grace of God. ...
 
"I ask not only behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in Me through their word, that they may all be one. As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. The glory that You have given Me I have given them, so that they may be one, as We are One, I in them and You in Me, that they become completely one, so that the world may know that You have sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me" (John 17:20-23).
 
We could spend a lifetime and maybe even all eternity seeking to understand the depths of the unity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as One God, in three Persons. And we could spend even longer than all eternity (if that were possible) seeking to understand the depths of how we become one with You through Christ. And yet, this is the Promise of the Word of God from the "red letter" words of this prayer of Jesus -- "As You, Father, are in Me and I am in You, may they also be in Us.... I in them and You in Me."
 
Likewise, Your Word invites us to take hold of Your promise, "Anyone united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him" (1 Corinthians 6:17). I think we can't even begin to fully grasp on this side of heaven just how deeply You desire that we become so intimately united as "one" with You -- heart to Heart, spirit to Spirit, from glory to glory. In the same way, I think we can't even begin to fully grasp Your goal of truly making us like You: "His divine power has given us everything needed for life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. Thus He has given us, through these things, His precious and very great promises, so that through them you may escape from the corruption that is in the world because of lust, and may become participants of the divine nature" (1 Peter 1:3-4).
 
"Participants of the divine nature." Wow, if that were not the very Words of Scripture in the Bible itself, that would sound like blasphemy. How can we, being human, become "participants of the divine nature" with One who is holy Other and wholly Other? You'll always be our Creator and we'll always be Your created; and at the same time, You've created us for a level and depth of intimacy and unity in some dimension of our being it's hard for us to understand and embrace. ...
 
A Scripture that comes to mind for our journey of transformation into Christ-likeness is this: "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me" (Galatians 2:19-20).

"Crucified with Christ," I come alive in Christ. And alive in Christ, I become one with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. All this may be beyond our pay grade but it's not beyond the price You paid by Your grace for every one of us to experience:  "But God, who is rich in mercy, out of the great love with which He loved us even when we were dead through our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ -- by grace you have been saved -- and raised us up with Him and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the immeasurable riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-7).
 
Lord, let the eternity of seeking to comprehend "the immeasurable riches of (Your) grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus" begin. "See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and this what we are.... Beloved, we are God's children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when He is revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is. And all who have this hope in Him purify themselves, just as He is pure" (1 John 3:1-3).
 
 And even though I don't fully comprehend it, I'm choosing this day to embrace it -- to embrace You, to be united to You, to become one with You -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit of God. It's all by Your grace and only by Your grace, the grace we have as the gift of God by all You've done for us and all You're doing within us. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Lord Jesus, make me more like You each day. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you become more like Jesus each day, crucified with Christ and alive in Christ, to be united to the Lord and one spirit with Him, by the power of God's grace at work within you, in Jesus name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!           


  
Thursday Night, October 1st. Save the Date! 
I'm excited to be the Keynote Speaker at the Central Texas Area Aglow Meetingat the Kendall Inn of Boerne, Texas next to Peggys-on-the-Green. My wife Rocio and I will be ministering the healing love of God after the message, in a deep atmosphere of worship and prayer. Come join us at 7:00 pm and spread the word! More details to follow.

Healing Academy Tonight at The Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas. Friends, please keep us in prayer as Rocio and I continue our ministry on Tuesday Nights, teaching and equipping for healing prayer ministry. May we learn and also experience the power of God's love tonight. Praying the same for you! Let us know if you'd like us to come to your church or community, as we start to make travel plans again!

Free to Be Like Jesus!
--Transforming Power
 of Inner Healing & Deliverance
   


New Mailing Address for Messiah Ministries:

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
17503 La Cantera Parkway, Suite 104407
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Please share this word to encourage a friend!