Thursday, May 27, 2021

Persecution to Praise, Tribulation to Faith - May 27, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, May 27 - Persecution to Praise, Tribulation to Faith

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Welcome into my heart and every moment of my day. ...

“But even if you do suffer for doing what is right, you are blessed. Do not fear what they fear, and do not be intimidated, but in your hearts sanctify Christ as Lord. Always be ready to make your defense to anyone who demands from you an accounting for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and reverence” (1 Peter 3:14-16).

With You in my heart, with Your Holy Spirit sanctifying Christ as Lord in my heart, I’ll begin to desire what is right and do what it right. “For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire and the power to do what pleases Him” (Philippians 2:13). Not in my power, but Yours; not from my desires, but Yours -- all being formed in me as You continue to work within me.

And now hear the good news: I may suffer for it! I may be persecuted for it! Better yet: I willsuffer for it! I will be persecuted for it! Just like You said of me every follower of Jesus, seeking to “sanctify Christ as Lord” in our hearts: “In the world you face persecution; but take courage, I have conquered the world!” (John 16:33).

But the persecution, the intimidation, the name-calling and cancelling, only serves to make me more like You when I’m allowing Your Spirit to use it all to “sanctify Christ as Lord” in my heart. “Through many tribulations we must enter into the Kingdom of God” (Acts 14:22). And the Kingdom of God is where I want to be -- I want to be in Your Kingdom and I want Your Kingdom in me!

So I thank You for turning my persecutions into praise, for turning my fiery trials into precious faith, refined in the fires that sanctify Christ as Lord in my heart. “In this (I) rejoice, even if for a little while (I) have had to suffer various trials, so that the genuineness of (my) faith -- being more precious than gold that, through perishable, is tested by fire -- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed” (1 Peter 1:6-7). One day, You’ll be revealed in the skies for all to see (Matthew 24:27; 1 Thessalonians 4:16; Revelation 1:7). But today, You want to be revealed in me and in the hearts of all who sanctify You as Lord!

As it turns out, “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven. Blessed am (I) when people revile (me) and utter all kinds of evil against (me) falsely on (Your) account. (I can) rejoice and be glad, for (my) reward is great in Heaven!” (Matthew 5:10-12)

One day I’ll receive my reward in Heaven. But today and every day between now and then, I receive the Reward of Your Spirit forming Your Nature in my heart right now. For as You are, so am I to be in my world. By the power of Your grace, by the work of Your Holy Spirit sanctifying Christ as Lord in my heart more and more every day, I’m empowered and free to “live like Jesus here in this world!” (1 John 4:17 NLT) In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be empowered and free to live like Jesus in this world no matter what the world tries to do to you, as you allow the Holy Spirit to sanctify Christ as Lord in your heart, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

My New Book Just Published!
Friends, I'm so excited to publish my new book on right alignment of spirit, soul, and body called First the Spirit!
Order your copy today on Amazon in Paperback or Kindle!

All purchases support the calling and vision of 
Messiah Ministries
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

June 2nd
India Pastors and Leaders Conference. Speaking a Word of Encouragement in our new ministry partnership in Andra Pradesh, India through our Internet Ministry. (Wednesday Night 6/2 here; Thursday Morning 6/3 in India).

June 6th
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas 9:00 and 10:45, live and livestream.

June 7th
Preaching in India in the Andra Pradesh Region. Outdoor evangelistic crusade in our new ministry partnership there through our Internet Ministry. (Monday morning 6/7 here; Monday Night 6/7 in India).

June 10th
Family Time in Mexico for my 60th Birthday

July 10th
Preaching at Canyon Lake, Texas Aglow Meeting

June 24th
Preaching in Pakistan. Outdoor evangelistic crusade through our monthly Internet Ministry. (Thursday Morning here; Thursday Night in Pakistan).

July 14-17
Speaking on the Power of the Holy Spirit
Aldersgate Renewal Ministries Annual Conference

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Life Transformation Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. All are welcome to come join us at any time along the course. Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Tuesday Mornings
Teaching by Zoom on Deliverance Ministry Training for leaders of MorningStar Ministries Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Deliverance by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

Sessions are without cost and any contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.