Tuesday, April 11, 2006

"Follow Me" 4-11-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I seek You so I can follow You wherever You lead this day. ... "Jesus answered them, 'The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified. Very truly, I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the earth and dies, it remains just a single grain; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. Those who love their life lose it, and those who hate their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves Me must follow Me, and where I am, there My servant will be there also. Whoever serves Me, the Father will honor' " (John 12:23-26). There is a death that leads to glory. Death to my self -- to the will of my self apart from Your will -- leads to the glory of the life of Your presence living in me. As I die to my will in this world, You awaken in me a will to live for You in this world and throughout eternity. But only as I die in this way, can I truly live. Only as I follow You as Your servant and disciple in Your steps as my Master and Lord, can I truly be with You. It is only those who follow You who remain with You. It is those who remain with You that our Father will honor. This is the honor and glory I desire. Keep giving me the grace to die, that I may have the grace to live. Keep giving me the grace to serve and to follow, that I may have the grace of the glory and honor of Your presence forever. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com