Saturday, April 29, 2006

"We do see Jesus" 4-29-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As the song says, "Open the eyes of my heart Lord; I want to see You." ... "But we do see Jesus, who for a little while was made lower than the angels, now crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone" (Hebrews 2:9). Holy Spirit of God, You "the Spirit of Truth" who always guides us into truth and always glorifies Jesus (John 16:13-14). Open my eyes to see Jesus. So many of us think we see Jesus, but we do not see Jesus as He truly is. Our vision is often distorted and our minds are often confused by the false images and deceptive thoughts of the world, the flesh, and the devil calculated to keep us from seeing Jesus as He is. "In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God" (2 Corinthians 4:4). "Unbelievers" are more than those who do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. They are those who do not fully see Christ as the image of God, and who do not fully see God as He is in the full light of His glory. In one sense, we are all unbelievers in one degree or another until we see God face to face and know Him as we are known, because we cannot fully see Him as He truly is on this side of heaven. "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known" (1 Corinthians 13:12). Then our faith will become sight, then we will believe without doubt, then we will see Jesus fully as He is. Come Holy Spirit. Keep opening my eyes to see Jesus more clearly, to love Him more dearly each day. To see Jesus is to see the Father, to believe in Jesus in the full light of His glory, who tasted death for me so that I might live in Him, is to believe in the fullness of the love of God my Father for me. As Jesus said to His first disciples, He continues to say to each of His disciples, "Whoever has seen Me has seen the Father.... Believe Me that I am in My Father and the Father is in Me" (John 14:9-11). By Your grace -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- I choose to see and I choose to believe. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com