Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Breaking Bread, Burning Hearts 4-18-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Break the bread of Your Word with me this morning. Come alongside me in our journey of prayer together in Your Spirit. ... Two of Your disciples were walking along the road to Emmaus on the third day after Your death on the cross (Luke 24:13-35). They were discouraged because they did not really believe the promises You had spoken into their spirits or the promises You had revealed in Your Word. But You came alongside them to both confront their sin of doubt and unbelief and also to comfort their troubled hearts and minds with hope and truth: " 'Oh, how foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have declared! Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter into His glory?' Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, He interpreted to them things about Himself in all the Scriptures" (verse 24:25-27). Every promise of every prophet is ultimately fulfilled in You. The Word of God speaks of You "in all the Scriptures" if we have eyes to see it -- eyes to see You in the words and prophecies and prayers of every book of the Bible. As You began to open the Word of God to them, their hearts burned within them. As You broke bread with them, their eyes were opened to Your truth and Your presence (verse 24:30-32). You are the Word of God (John 1:1, 14). You are the Bread of Life. "Very truly, I tell you, whoever believes has eternal life. I am the bread of life.... I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats of this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give for the life of this world is My flesh" (John 6:47-51). May my heart burn within me as You open Your Word and my eyes to Your truth and Your presence. May I eat of Your Word and feast of Your Presence every day, as You build my faith and renew my hope. Let me see You as You are -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- in all the Scriptures. And let me see You through all the journey in all the circumstances of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Friday night 4/21 for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's / cd's on personal transformation through inner healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com