Sunday, April 30, 2006

Prevenient Grace of Baptism 4-30-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me in Your ways so that as I lead others by Your grace, I am leading them to You. ... It was the cry of Hanna's heart to have a son, and You answered her prayers. She brought her son Samuel to the temple of the Lord and dedicated him to You. "For this child I prayed; and the Lord has granted me the petition I made to Him. Therefore I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he lives, he is given to the Lord" (1 Samuel 1:27-28). Today we will bring our youngest son, Josiah Benjamin Hays, before our church and I will baptize him in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. As his family and as his church family, we will dedicate him to You and dedicate ourselves to You to teach him and lead him in Your ways. We will love him and lead him by Your "prevenient grace" until the day he will stand before us as a man of his own faith and confirm the dedication of his heart to You. It is an outward symbol of the inward grace that Your Holy Spirit is with us, drawing us to You, leading us in the ways of life in Christ in the community of faith. Josiah was born into this earth in the flesh and he is being born into Your kingdom in the Spirit. "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit. What is born of the flesh is flesh, and what is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:5-6). Let us all live our lives before him in a way that represents Your true nature. Let him always be drawn to You to know You in a personal relationship of deepest intimacy and trust. By Your grace, let my role as his earthly father be to love him and lead him to his heavenly Father. Let us all do the same before the eyes and in the hearts of all our spiritual children being loved and led in the community of faith in Christ. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's (and now cd's) for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, write to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com"Preparing the Way of the Lord." 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com