Friday, April 07, 2006

The Ultimate Destination 4-7-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holiness unto the Lord -- giving as much of me as I can and receiving as much of You as I can, all by Your grace. This is my desire, because You have put that desire in my heart. You have put this in my heart, because You have led me to ask it of You. So I come and ask; I come and give; I come and receive again this day. ... "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you. For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Is there any among you who, if your child asks for a fish, will give a snake instead of a fish? Of if the child asks for an egg, will give a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" (Luke 11:9-13) Heavenly Father, I am asking and searching and knocking. I want more of Your manifest presence in my life, more of Your Holy Spirit filling my soul, more of the nature of Christ formed in my heart. Let me never become satisfied or complacent with where I am in my spiritual journey. "Therefore let us go on toward perfection" (Hebrews 6:1). This kind of perfection is the goal of coming to a place of giving as much of me as I can and receiving as much of You as I can, all by Your grace. The more I give, the more I receive. And the more I receive, the more I want to give. Help me give more of me to You today and receive more of You in me today. Baptize me more deeply in Your Holy Spirit. Release Your gifts more fully in my ministry. Bear Your fruit more abundantly through my life. No matter how far You lead me along this journey, lead me farther. No matter how deeply You fill me with Your Spirit, fill me more deeply. No matter how painfully You crucify my flesh in the death of my self-centeredness and pride, crucify me more. No matter how purely You baptize me in Your refining Fire of holiness, baptize me more purely. This is the greatest purpose of this life of relationship in Your love -- that I be conformed into the image of the Son of God -- day by day, moment by moment, morning by morning (Romans 8:29). This is the ultimate destination of my spiritual journey. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.org Come to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com