Thursday, April 20, 2006

First Priority 4-20-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I turn my eyes to You and open my heart to You with the first thoughts of my day. ... "They gave themselves first to the Lord" (2 Corinthians 8:5). As best as I can and all by Your grace, I give You first place in my life. Before anything or anyone else, I give myself first to You. Anything else that finds its way into that place in my life is an idol -- even the good things and the important things, even the very things You have given me as the gifts of Your hand. All must find their place in the priorities of my heart beneath my first priority. When I get this priority right, everything else will come into place. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33, KJV). The most loving thing I can do for anyone else is to love You first. The most giving thing I can do for anyone else is to give of myself to You first. I choose to seek You and Your kingdom first. You are my First Priority. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you are in the Lexington area, please Come to The Fountain this Friday night 4/21 for our monthly, citywide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship -- 7 pm in the chapel at Centenary, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. People come from all traditions and denominations for a time of intimate worship in the presence of the Lord as the Holy Spirit leads. Brooke and Shannon will lead in worship and I will lead in prayer. Our prayer ministry team will be available throughout the evening for prayer ministry. Come and bring a friend. All are welcome! www.messiah-ministries.org To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching dvd's / cd's on personal transformation through inner healing and wholeness, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Our address is 2800 Tates Creek Rd.; Lexington, Kentucky 40502. Daily archives: www.morningbymorning.injesus.com