Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Day of Waiting 4-15-06

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I watch and wait for Your coming in glory, here in my heart and here in my life again today. ... "When evening had come, and since it was the day of Preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath, Joseph of Arimathea, a respected member of the council, who was also himself waiting expectantly for the kingdom of God, went boldly to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. Then Pilate wondered if He were already dead; and summoning the centurion, he asked him whether He had been dead for some time. When he learned from the centurion that He was dead, he granted the body to Joseph. Then Joseph bought a linen cloth, and taking down the body, wrapped it in the linen cloth, and laid it in a tomb that had been hewn out of the rock. He then rolled a stone against the door of the tomb" (Mark 15:42-46). This Holy Saturday between Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday is the Sabbath day of rest -- the day Your body lay at rest, buried in the tomb behind the stone. What a day a mourning and grief, hopelessness and despair for those who did not remember or did not believe Your words of hope when You walked among them: "The Son of Man is going to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill Him, and on the third day He will be raised" (Mathew 17:22-23). But this was only the second day -- the day to be "waiting expectantly for the kingdom of God," the day to come "boldly" before the throne of grace, asking "for the body of Jesus" to be raised from the dead in Your resurrection of life and glory. Lord, help me to be honest with my grief and sorrow, but also help me to be hopeful with anticipation of the coming of Your kingdom. Let me be thankful for all You have done for me through the suffering and agony of the cross, but also expectant of all You are doing for me in the glory and power of Your resurrection. Give me faith to believe not only the anguish of Your death, but also the victory of Your resurrection, even in the days when all I can do is rest in You and keep waiting expectantly for Your coming. You are the King of the Kingdom of God, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, my King and my Lord. Death cannot hold You and the devil cannot stop You. "He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His Kingdom there will be no end!" (Luke 1:33) In Jesus' name I pray, Amen. Be encouraged this day! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays Friends, if you can please come join us at Church of the Savior on Brannon Road in Lexington Tonight (Saturday 4/15) at 7:00 pm. Rob Poindexter will lead in worship and I will lead in ministry we move from repentance and sorrow to peace and joy at the close of this Holy Week. To subscribe/unsubscribe, or to order my teaching and prayer dvd's for spiritual transformation through inner healing and deliverance, please send a note to me at Messiah Ministries MessiahMin@aol.com -- "Preparing the Way of the Lord." Address: 2800 Tates Creek Rd; Lexington, Kentucky 40502.On the Web: http://www.messiah-ministries.orgCome to The Fountain the 3rd Friday night of every month at 7 pm for our citywide gathering for prayer and worship in the chapel. Daily archives: http://morningbymorning.injesus.com