Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Morning by Morning, January 14 - Favor to Walk with God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You are my Father and Friend, my Savior and Lord, my God and King, my Counselor and Advocate, my All in All. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I worship You and welcome You into every moment of my day.  ...

"The Lord saw that the wickedness of humankind was great in the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of their hearts was only evil continually.... But Noah found favor in the sight of the Lord.... Noah was a righteous man, blameless in his generation; Noah walked with God" (Genesis 6:5-9).

The blood of Jesus has the power to change the thoughts and hearts of men. And only the blood of Jesus can make wicked men righteous and blameless before God. "You know that (we) were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from (our) ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish" (1 Peter 1:18-19).

Through the blood of Jesus that cleanses our souls from sin, we each have the honor to walk with God. We have the blessing to be called "children of God" (John 1:12). We have the outrageous fulfillment of Your promise to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). And we have the astounding truth of Your earth-shattering, divine decree that in Christ, we become the righteousness of God -- all by the power of the blood of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Noah found favor and walked with God, blameless in Your sight. And now through Christ, we have "a better covenant" with ever "better promises" (Hebrews 8:6). We have favor because You have chosen in the sovereignty of Your mercy and grace to favor us with forgiveness so we can walk with You in relationship.

Lord, let me never take for granted the blessings and promises I have in You through the power of the blood of Jesus. Every day, cleanses me in Your blood and fill me with Your Spirit. Let me walk with You throughout the moments of my day, being forgiven of my sin and freed from the wicked nature that would consume me apart the ever-abiding Presence of Your holy nature within me by Your Spirit (Colossians 1:19-23). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,   I pray you would walk in favor with God today and every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

In the Love of Jesus,
Tommy Hays


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue