Monday, January 20, 2014

Morning by Morning, January 20 - Transfiguration and Transformation

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Open up Your heavens as I open up my heart in the morning communion of contemplative prayer, here in the intimacy of Your Presence.  ...

"... Jesus took with Him Peter and John and James, and went up on the mountain to pray. And while He was praying, the appearance of His face changed, and His clothes became dazzling white.... a cloud came and overshadowed them; and they were terrified as they entered the cloud. Then from the cloud came a voice that said, 'This is My Son, My Chosen; listen to Him!' When the voice had spoken, Jesus was found alone. And they kept silent... " (Luke 9:28-36).

Lord, draw me up into the high place of prayer. Open up the heavenly dimension of Your spiritual realm and surround me in the cloud of Your Presence. Be high and lifted up, until I see You alone as You truly are and hear only Your voice. Put to silence everything else and everything less that would distract me from listening.

Let Your words wash over me. Let Your Presence envelop me. Let Your Spirit possess me. ...

As You are transfigured before me, let my heart be transformed within me. In both the fear of the Lord in humility before Your and also the intimacy of the Lord surrounding me in prayer, let me be "transformed by the renewing of (my mind), so that (I) may discern what is the will of God -- what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God (for me)" (Romans 12:2). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be transformed in the Presence of God as Jesus is exalted and transfigured before you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

In the Love of Jesus,
Tommy Hays


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue