Thursday, January 16, 2014

Morning by Morning, January 16 - Words from the Mouth of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters and along Your paths of righteousness. You are my Good Shepherd; help me hear Your voice and follow Your ways.  ...

"(Jesus) answered them, 'It is written, 'One does not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God'" (Matthew 4:3).

I live by the words that come from the mouth of God. Your words are my life. "The words (You) have spoken to (me) are spirit and life" (John 6:63). So what could be more important than growing in the intimacy of our relationship so that I can know Your voice and hear Your words?

Lord, guard my time to sit and listen and learn to know Your voice. Guard my heart to be sensitive to Your Spirit so that I don't follow the voice of another (John 10:5). I thank You for every word that comes from the Word of God, and I also thank You for "every word that comes from the mouth of God." Both are essential for the vibrant, intimate, and intensely personal relationship You desire for me. So I commit my spirit to this ever-increasing depth of relationship with You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,   may the Holy Spirit set apart and guard your intimate time with God to know and hear His voice with a growing sensitivity each day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

In the Love of Jesus,
Tommy Hays


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue