Thursday, March 19, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 19 - The Peace of Christ Crushes Satan under Our Feet

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All to You, I surrender all. ...

"The God of peace will shortly crush Satan (our) feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with (us)" (Romans 16:20).

You are the God of peace. You are the "Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace" (Isaiah 9:6). But Your peace is not a passive peace. It's not appeasing of wrong or compromising of truth. It's not a false peace like the peace of the world that turns a blind eye to tolerate evil or condone injustice (John 14:27). It's a peace that courageously confronts evil and crushes Satan under our feet.

Every day, You crush the enemy of our souls under our feet as we stand in Christ and allow Christ to stand in us. "For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery" (Galatians 5:1). In Christ, we are "strong in the Lord and in the strength of His power ... so that (we) may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil" (Ephesians 6:10-11). So Your Word commands us, "Stand therefore" (Ephesians 6:14).

Come, Holy Spirit. By the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ, empower me to stand firm in Christ today. Embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, filled with the Spirit, give me courage to overcome, as I pray in faith and live by grace, "persistent in (my) prayers for all believers everywhere" (Ephesians 6:18 NLT). 

In the power of Your peace that never tolerates evil, You will crush Satan under my feet. And in the power of Your peace, my heart need not be troubled or afraid, but only confident and secure in You and Your victory for us (John 14:27). As You said long ago, You still speak to us each day:  "I have said this to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!" (John 16:33) And that gives me peace, even as I stand firm in You to pray by Your Spirit against the evil in this world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friend,  may you stand firm in your faith, filled with Spirit in the peace of Christ that crushes the enemy of our souls under our feet, in Jesus' name. May you be empowered by the God of peace in your intercession for all believers and all people  everywhere, as the Spirit leads you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

      

Friends, I'm excited to be speaking about Healing Prayer today at the University of Texas Health Science Center for a luncheon with the San Antonio Christian Medical & Dental Associations. Please keep us in prayer for the Holy Spirit to move in our hearts, if you would!

 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!