Thursday, March 26, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 26 - Determined for Destiny

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Where You lead, I will follow, as best as I can and all by Your grace.  ...

"When the days drew near for (Jesus) to be taken up, He set His face to go to Jerusalem" (Luke 9:51).

You knew in Your heart it was time to die. The Child of Bethlehem had grown to become the Sacrifice of Calvary. You had "increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men" (Luke 2:25 NKJV). And now You were determined for Your destiny, confidently and resolutely secure in Your identity as "the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).

You heard in Your heart what the Father was saying and saw with the eyes of Your spirit what the Father was doing. And though You knew all You must endure, You also knew that the judgment of man and the schemes of Satan would not stand. So You set Your face like flint to go up to Jerusalem, trusting the ultimate vindication of God:  "The Lord God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; He who vindicates me is near" (Isaiah 50:7-8).

Death couldn't overcome You, and Hell couldn't hold You:  "But God raised (You) up, having freed (You) from death, because it was impossible for (You) to be held in its power. For David says concerning (You), 'I saw the Lord always before me, for He is at my right hand so that I will not be shaken; therefore my heart was glad, and my tongue rejoiced; moreover my flesh will live in hope. For You will not abandon my soul to Hades, or let Your Holy One experience corruption. You have made know to me the ways of life; You will make me full of gladness with Your presence' " (Acts 2:24-28).

With Your Spirit abiding in me, give me humility to listen to hear and look to see what You are doing in my life. Give me the determination of spirit to be resolute and uncompromising in the knowledge of my identity and the fulfillment of my destiny. "For the sake of the joy that was set before (You)" you endured and overcame all that came against you for the glory of God (Hebrews 12:2). Let it be so in me, as I seek to follow You. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friend,  may you hear and see what the Father is doing and where He is leading, as He empowers you to know your identity and be be determined to fulfill your destiny, in Jesus' namePlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
        

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!