Monday, March 09, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 9 - "New Wine into Fresh Wineskins"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day drawing close to You -- embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, filled with the Holy Spirit.  ...

"No one sews a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old cloak; otherwise, the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and a worse tear is made. And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost, and so are the skins; but one puts new wine into fresh wineskins" (Mark 2:21-22).

Thank You for the new wine of Your mercies every morning. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). You have mercy for me in the power of Your grace for all I will encounter and experience today.

Let my heart be Your new wineskin. Give me a tender heart, desperately dependent upon Your tender mercies each day. As You promised long ago, "A new heart I will give you, and a new Spirit I will put within you; and I will remove from your body the heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you..." (Ezekiel 36:26-27). 

Don't let my heart ever get hardened like a stone in self-centeredness or self-sufficiency apart from You. Don't let my heart ever get rigid like an old wineskin in complacency or conformity to the traditions of men. I don't want to settle for the state of my spiritual development from the seasons of the past. 

I want to be filled afresh with Your Holy Spirit, as You keep stretching my heart and my faith, increasing my capacity to love and empowering me to embrace the mercies You have prepared for me, new every morning (Ephesians 5:18). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends,  may your heart be a fresh wineskin for the new wine of God's mercies every morning, in Jesus' namePlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
grapes  

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!