Monday, March 02, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 2 - "Contend for the Faith"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. All that I am and all that I have, I entrust to You as best as I can.  ...

"Beloved, while eagerly preparing to write to you about the salvation we share, I find it necessary to write and appeal to you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints" (Jude 1:3).

My faith is worth fighting for. My faith is worth dying for and it's worth living for. It's worth sacrificing for and risking everything for.

My faith is at the heart of who I am. And the heart of my faith is fully trusting You.

I have faith because You are faithful. I trust You because You are trustworthy. You are forever faithful and true (Revelation 19:11).

You give me the peace to know that I'm forgiven. You give me the joy to know that I'm loved. You give me the assurance to know that I am saved and the security to know You'll never leave me. You give me the hope to know my life has meaning and the satisfaction to know my days in this world have significance (Jeremiah 29:11).

Through faith I know my identity and fulfill my destiny. Through faith I trust Your power to make perfect every weakness and failure, even causing all things to work together for good in my life. And through faith I trust in You to be faithful to bring to completion all You've begun in me (Philippians 1:6).

So as best as I can and all by Your grace, I will contend for this faith. With all my heart and mind and soul and strength, I will passionately pursue the One who is the author and finisher, "the pioneer and perfecter of (my) faith" (Hebrews 12:2). And I have the faith to believe my faith in You will bring a smile to Your face and joy to Your heart (Hebrews 11:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will stir in your heart to contend for your faith, trusting in Jesus the author and finisher, the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, in Jesus' namePlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
        

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!