Friday, March 27, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 27 - "Blessed is the One who comes in the Name of the Lord!"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let Your words of spirit and life saturate my soul and set me on the path of Your will for my life today. ...

"At that very hour some Pharisees came and said to Him, 'Get away from here, for Herod wants to kill you.' He said them, 'Go and tell that fox for Me, 'Listen, I am casting out demons and performing cures today and tomorrow, and on the third day I finish My work. Yet today, tomorrow, and the next day I must be on My way, because it is impossible for a prophet to be killed outside of Jerusalem.' Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house s left to you. And I tell you, you will not see Me until the time comes when you say, 'Blessed is the One who comes in the name of the Lord' " (Luke 13:31-35).

Your heart was to heal the broken and free the bound, to bring the good news of the kingdom of God to all who would hear (Luke 4:18-21). But not all would hear. In their power and pride, in their self-righteousness and legalism, they hardened their hearts against Your words of spirit and life, blaspheming the Spirit of God and rejecting the Author of Life (Matthew 12:31).

Yet even though You saw with sadness their suffering and destruction to come as Jerusalem would reject her Messiah, You also spoke a word of hope. A day would come when they would see You again. And on that day, Jerusalem would look up to You and speak out from her heart, "Blessed is the One who comes in the name of the Lord."

Your Word prophesied long before Your first coming of Your second coming, foreseeing Your rejection by Your people at first, but also followed by Your redemption of Your people in the end:  "And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour out a spirit of compassion and supplication on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that, when they look on the One whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over Him, as one weeps over a firstborn.... On that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity" (Zechariah 12:9-13:1)

Thank You for Your heart of mercy for me and for all who ever harden their hearts in self-centered, self-sufficient pride to reject the One who loves them so. You never give up and Your love never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8). Your steadfast love never ceases and Your mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22-23). You are not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance and a knowledge of the truth of the love and mercy of God revealed in You as Lord and Savior of all (2 Peter 3:9; John 3:16).

I pray for Jerusalem to receive her Messiah. In the same way, I pray for the people of this world who have been blinded to the truth of Your mercy and love to be set free to see how good You are and embrace Your good news of the kingdom of God available to all (2 Corinthians 4:4). And I look forward to the day when even the hearts of the people of Jerusalem will turn to You and say, "Blessed is the One who comes in the name of the Lord." This is the peace I pray for Jerusalem (Psalm 122:6).

In the power of Your grace, let Your Word be fulfilled:  "All Israel will be saved.... And this is My covenant with them, when I take away their sins" (Romans 11:26-27). And let Your message of hope and Your words of spirit and life fill my heart and the heart of my world today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may your heart be filled with the words of spirit and life from Jesus our Lord as you look to Him and welcome Him in as the One who comes in the name of the Lord, in Jesus' namePlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
         

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Please share this word to encourage a friend!