Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Morning by Morning, March 3 - Faith is Boldly Trusting God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day centered in You.  ...

"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to set out for a place that he was to receive as an inheritance; and he set out, not knowing where he was going" (Hebrews 11:8).

Faith is not blindly wandering around through life; faith is boldly trusting You. 

You called Abraham to go to a place he'd never been by a way he didn't know. He had to trust You every step of the journey. And he might have thought twice before he ever began if he had known what lay before him or how long it would take. But by the power of the grace of God, he chose to trust You "because he considered Him faithful who had promised" (v. 11:11).

If I would have known all I would face along this journey of faith or how long it would take, I might have thought twice. But with the dawning of each new day, I find myself trusting You more. I don't trust that I'll always get everything I want or think I need. I don't trust that I'll never have some challenging days that may even break my heart or bring me to my knees. I don't trust that I always know what the next day holds. I trust You.

My faith is not in some false promise or mistaken perception of an easy life. My faith is in You -- that You are with me and You are for me and You will always love me (Matthew 28:20).

I'm not blindly wandering around, even though I rarely know exactly what I'm doing and where I'm going. And I'm not shocked when everything doesn't always go my way and in my time, even when there are moments or even seasons that rock my world and challenge my faith. Instead, I'm choosing to consciously, deliberately start each day choosing to follow You on this journey of faith.

I have found Him faithful who has promised. And I look forward to the day when I look back and see every promise fulfilled. "For I know the One in whom I have put my trust, and I am sure that He is able to guard until that day what I have entrusted to Him" (2 Timothy 1:12). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray you will boldly trust God, knowing He is with you and He is for you and He will always love you, in Jesus' namePlease pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
 

Friends, please come join us tomorrow night if you're in the area.
I'll be joining Max Lucado to share a word of encouragement at the First Wednesday Healing and Worship Service at 7pm at Oak Hills Church, Crownridge Campus in San Antonio. Our Rapha God Ministries team will be joining the Oak Hills prayer team to pray for anyone personally after the message. All are welcome!



Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!