Tuesday, July 20, 2021

A Wise Heart, Discerning Time and Judgment - July 20, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, July 20 - A Wise Heart, Discerning Time and Judgment

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice, as I seek to begin my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

“A wise man’s heart discerns both time and judgment” (Ecclesiastes 8:5).

Make my heart wise, Lord. Put Your desires in my heart and Your thoughts in my mind. Thank You for taking away my “heart of stone” and giving me a “heart of flesh” with a “new heart” and a “new spirit” that’s sensitive to Your leading, embracing of Your intimacy, and obedient to Your command (Ezekiel 36:26).

With Your wisdom in my heart, help me discern “both time and judgment.” For now is the time to allow You to judge our hearts in Your mercy and love that cleanses our sins, heals our wounds, and breaks our chains to set us free to be all You created us and called us to be in You. “For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God; and if it begins with us, what will be the outcome for those who do not obey the gospel of God?” (1 Peter 4:17) As Your Word speaks of both time and judgment: “Therefore do not go on passing judgment before the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God” (1 Corinthians 4:5).

This is wisdom -- that I would allow Your Spirit to search my heart to bring to light anything hidden in darkness so I can be free and filled with the light of the glory of Your manifest presence in me. And this is discernment -- that I would not hold back from Your grace or hide away from Your gaze, for it’s Your mercy to reveal to me and remove from me everything in me that’s not yet like You. 

That’s how Your “mercy triumphs over judgment” (James 2:13), when Your judgment leads me to Your mercy and freedom through the gift of repentance and grace (1 John 1:9).  That’s Your “wisdom from above” that is “pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere” that produces “a harvest of righteousness” in me (James 3:17-18). I’m righteous in You because the Righteous One lives in me, making me more like You each day. “For God is working in (me), giving (me) the desire the power to do what pleases Him” (Philippians 2:13). Come have Your way in me, today, my Lord and Savior. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be wise at heart, growing in discernment, as you allow the Holy Spirit to search your heart and set you free from all that would hold you back from all you were created to be in Chris, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

My Latest Book!

First the Spirit
Right Alignment of Spirit, Soul, and Body

--Now Also in Hardback--
Order your copy today in Hardback, Paperback or Kindle!

All purchases support the calling and vision of 
Messiah Ministries
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

July 21
Deliverance Ministry Roundtable and Prayer with Ministers in San Antonio, Texas

July 29
Preaching in Pakistan. Outdoor evangelistic crusade through our monthly Internet Ministry. (Thursday Morning here; Thursday Night in Pakistan).

August 11
Speaking at San Antonio Aglow Meeting
10-2:00
Holiday Inn San Antonio N-Stone Oak in the Hill Country Ballroom, 19280 Redland Road, San Antonio
Contact: Brenda Steubing at  sa.day.aglow@gmail.com

August 29-30
Healing Prayer Services
at Coker UMC in San Antonio, Texas.
Sunday 8/29 at 7PM in person; Mondy 8/30 at 7PM by zoom.

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Freedom Equipping Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. Starting over a New Course in September! Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Deliverance by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 


Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.