Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Growing in Knowing - July 28, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, July 28 - Growing in Knowing

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let my spirit come to attention and be attentive to Your voice, as I speak out Your name and listen for Your leading. ...

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.... I AM the Good Shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own” (John 10:1-5).

In taking time to listen, I’m learning to hear Your voice. In waiting in the silence of surrender, I’m leaning in close to sense Your leading. I’m growing in knowing You in the waiting, in the leaning, and in the listening. 

The more I draw near to You, the more You draw near to me (James 4:8). The more I seek You, the more I find You; and the more I find You, the more I find that I’m known by You and loved by You and led by You (Jeremiah 29:13).

Learning to hear Your voice, learning to sense Your leading, I’m also learning to recognize the voice and the leading of “the stranger” who would lead me astray and lead me away from the path You’ve set for me. I’m better able to discern the counterfeit, because I’m growing in knowing the Real Thing who is my True Shepherd, my Good Shepherd who only wants good things for me (Matthew 7:11; James 1:17).

As You said to the people of Your church in the Book of Revelation, so You’re still speaking to me and the people Your church, the sheep of Your fold, the seekers of Your heart and the hearers of Your voice today:  “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20).

Come in, Lord Jesus. Come in the through the door of my heart and lead me out to where I’m to go in my world today. Let me not be led astray by the stranger, but led by the Spirit of the Lord. “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God” (Romans 8:14). May I keep growing in knowing You and Your voice, as You keep growing me up into maturity in You (Ephesians 4:15). In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you abide daily in the intimate presence of the Lord, that He may put His thoughts in your mind, His desires in your heart, and His words in your mouth to legislate His Kingdom on earth and in your life, as it is in Heav, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays
Messiah Ministries
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:

My Latest Book!
First the Spirit
Right Alignment of Spirit, Soul, and Body
--Now Also in Hardback--
Order your copy today in Hardback, Paperback or Kindle!

All purchases support the calling and vision of 
Messiah Ministries
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

July 29
Preaching in Pakistan. Outdoor evangelistic crusade through our monthly Internet Ministry. (Thursday Morning here; Thursday Night in Pakistan).

July 30
Interview and Filming with Louda Raschke Ministries, Kerrville, Texas https://www.louada.org

August 11
Speaking at San Antonio Aglow Meeting
10-2:00
Holiday Inn San Antonio N-Stone Oak in the Hill Country Ballroom, 19280 Redland Road, San Antonio
Contact: Brenda Steubing at sa.day.aglow@gmail.com

August 29-30
Healing Prayer Services
at Coker UMC in San Antonio, Texas.
Sunday 8/29 at 7PM in person; Mondy 8/30 at 7PM by zoom.

October 3
Preaching the Sunday Services at the Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, TX
9:00 and 10:45 Live and by Livestream.

Tuesday Nights
Teaching Freedom Equipping Course live in person every week at the Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas from 6 to 8:00. Starting over a New Course in September! Based on the principles of my book Free to Be Like Jesus!

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Deliverance by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 


Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.