Monday, January 17, 2022

Running My Race, Looking to Jesus - January 17, 2022

 

Morning By Morning
Daily Prayer Journey with Tommy Hays
Click the Link Above to Listen.

Morning by Morning, January 17 - Running My Race, Looking to Jesus

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My eyes are on You, as I run my race today looking to You. ...

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:1-2).

As I look to You, You are changing me into Your image. You are conforming me into Your nature. You are transforming into Your character. For we become like the One we behold; we’re drawn to the nature of the One we worship; we yield to the character of the One we adore:

“But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord” (2 Corinthians 3:18 NKJV).

My part is to seek You, to behold You, to allow You to change me into Your image -- to be conformed into the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29). As You are, so am I to be (1 John 4:17).

You part is to do in me what only You can do. For apart from You, I can do nothing (John 15:5). And by the power of the grace of God, at work in me, abiding in me by Your Spirit, I’m never apart from You and You are never apart from me. 

So if I’ll let You, by the freedom of my will surrendered to the sovereignty of Your will, You’ll keep changing me into Your image “from glory to glory.” It’s a lifelong journey, with breakthroughs all along the way on my journey with You in worship and prayer, in surrender and trust, in obedience and faith -- as best as I can and all by Your grace.

Lord, give me Your grace to run my race well today, looking to You. You are my Goal, You are my Prize, becoming like You is my Finish Line. It’s a daily race and life-long journey, just as the Apostle Paul acknowledged in the humility of his heart:

“Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind... (Philippians 3:12-15).

Yes, Lord. “The heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus” is to make me more like Jesus each day. Come do it in me today. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be empowered by the Holy Spirit with the grace of God to run your race, looking to Jesus, as He makes you more like Him each day , in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Friends, As you Begin this New Year, you might enjoy my 365 Day Devotional BookMorning by Morning, 2nd Edition, with selections from my daily prayers from past postings to cover every day of the year in a paperback form -- for yourself or as a gift if you think this would be a blessing and encouragement to someone.

All proceeds from our book sales 
support the vision and calling of our ministry:
Please Keep us in Prayer for These 
Messiah Ministries Events

January 13
Just Published in Spanish! -- The Digital Format of my book Free to Be Like Jesus on inner healing and spiritual freedom was just published in Kindle in preparation for our Ministry Mission to Morelia, Mexico! The paperback should be published in the next few day. We're so honored and excited about this!

Libres para ser como Jesús (Versión Español): Poder transformador de sanidad interior y liberación Edición Kindle. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QBVCWF8

January 20-22
Attending School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries.
(meeting once a month)

January 23
Healing Prayer Service 
Coker United Methodist Church in San Antonio, Texas at 5:30 PM. All are welcome.
I'll be leading a time of corporate prayer ministry after Pastor Adam Knight speaks on healing in the church for today.

January 25
Pakistan Ministry - Outdoor Evangelistic Crusade through our Internet Ministry Each Month
Each month we set up a projector screen in a different unreached village for our outdoor evangelistic outreach. I preach and minister with a live message through the internet, while Pastor Rizwan and Mehwish Fazal interpret the message, join me in prayer ministry, and follow up with discipleship. We welcome your partnership with us in prayer and support that helps make this outreach ministry possible and so fruitful every month! God bless you and Thank you!

January 27 to February 8
Ministry in Morelia, Mexico
2 Freedom Encounter Weekends and Citywide Leaders Meeting
Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

March 18-19
Speaking at the Cowhead Creek Ranch Mens' Retreat outside Kerrville, Texas

Teaching Deliverance Prayer Ministry Module as part of the Bible College of Christian Family Church, San Antonio, Texas. https://www.christianfamilychurchsa.com

March 31-April 2
Spiritual Retreat - Messiah Ministries' Freedom Encounter Weekend at Mo Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. All are Welcome!
Send me an email if you're interested in joining us for a weekend of worship and healing ministry in a beautiful Texas Hill Country Setting at Mo Ranch. TommyHays@Messiah-Ministries.org

June 17-18
Leading a Spiritual Retreat with South Texas Aglow Leadership at South Padre Island.

Watch our Weekly Episodes of Healing From the Inside Out on our Messiah Ministries YouTube Channel:
More Episodes being added every month! Please share it with anyone who needs to encounter the Healing Love of God!

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleship plan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Tuesday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30) (moved from Monday)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups from around the world.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Video Series for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: