Monday, January 03, 2022

Letting Go of Yesterday and Taking Hold of Today this New Year - January 3, 2022

 

Morning by Morning, January 3, 2022 - Letting Go of Yesterday and Taking Hold of Today this New Year

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here at the first of this new year, be first place in my heart, with Your Presence the first thought in mind and Your name the first word I speak. ...

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and the sin that clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the pioneer and perfecter of our faith, who for the sake of the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, disregarding its shame, and has taken His seat at the right hand of the throne of God” (Hebrews 12:1-2).

I want to begin this new year of 2022 “looking to Jesus.” I want to begin this new year laying aside the weights that would slow me down and the sin that would trip me up. I want to “run with perseverance the race that is set before (me)” and I want to run this race “in such a way that (I) may win” the prize, as Your Word compels me (1 Corinthians 9:24).

And in the kingdom of God, the way to win the prize is by letting go of what lies behind and taking hold of what lies ahead. As the Apostle Paul said:

“Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own; but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind...” (Philippians 3:12-15).

And “the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus” is that I become more like Jesus -- conformed to the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29), as He is so am I to be in this world (1 John 4:17). I become more like Him, as I behold Him and the Holy Spirit transforms me into the image of Christ from glory to glory, morning by morning, one day at a time (2 Corinthians 3:18). 

That’s the race I’m running. That’s the race I want to win -- as best as I can and all by Your grace -- “looking to Jesus.” So by the same mercy and power of Your grace, I’m letting go of yesterday and taking hold of today to run my race well this new year. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may you be set free of all that would weigh you down or trip you up as you run the race set before you this new year to become more like Jesus every day, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Please Keep us in Prayer for These 
Messiah Ministries Events

January 11
Resume Weekly Teaching of the Freedom Equipping Course at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Tuesday afternoons 1:30 to 3:30 and evening 6:00 to 8:00
(The Monday afternoon class will now meet on Tuesday afternoon, due to our travel schedule this Spring).

January 20-22
Attending School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries.
(meeting once a month)

January 23
Healing Prayer Service 
Coker United Methodist Church in San Antonio, Texas at 5:30 PM. All are welcome.
I'll be leading a time of corporate prayer ministry after Pastor Adam Knight speaks on healing in the church for today.

January 27 to February 8, 2022
Ministry in Morelia, Mexico
2 Freedom Encounter Weekends and Citywide Leaders Meeting
Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

March, 2022
Teaching Deliverance Prayer Ministry Module as part of the Bible College of Christian Family Church, San Antonio, Texas. https://www.christianfamilychurchsa.com

March 31-April 2,
Spiritual Retreat - Messiah Ministries' Freedom Encounter Weekend at Mo Ranch in the Texas Hill Country. All are Welcome!
(This does not replace the retreat for our Freedom Equipping Class at Bridge Church)
Send me an email if you're interested in joining us for a weekend of worship and healing ministry in a beautiful Texas Hill Country Setting at Mo Ranch. TommyHays@Messiah-Ministries.org

June 17-18
Leading a Spiritual Retreat with South Texas Aglow Leadership at South Padre Island.

Watch our Weekly Episodes of Healing From the Inside Out on our Messiah Ministries YouTube Channel:
More Episodes being added every month! Please share it with anyone who needs to encounter the Healing Love of God!

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleship plan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Tuesday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30) (moved from Monday)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups from around the world.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Video Series for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: