Tuesday, April 30, 2024

How To Dwell in “The Secret Place” and “Abide Under the Shadow of the Almighty” - April 30, 2024

 

Morning by Morning, April 30 - How To Dwell in “The Secret Place” and “Abide Under the Shadow of the Almighty”

 

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my heart and in the middle of every moment of my day. ...

 

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High

Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, ‘He is my refuge and my fortress;

My God, in Him I will trust’” (Psalm 91:1-2).

 

Show me how to dwell in Your secret place. Teach me how to abide under Your shadow. Help me believe undoubtedly and to know unwaveringly that You are my Refuge and my Fortress, my God in whom I trust. ...

 

As I wait for the leading of Your Holy Spirit to bring Your Word to life to me today, these words come into my spirit and rise up to my mind:

 

“Ask and you will receive. Seek and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you.” ...

 

Yes, Lord. I know these words. I haven’t read them in a while, but as I search for them in Your Word, I find them in the Gospel of Matthew:

 

“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened” (Matthew 7:7-8).

 

And these words are followed by words to encourage me not to doubt that You hear, not to doubt that You answer, but to trust that it is Your will and Your heart for me to ask and receive, to seek and find, to knock and see that the door will be opened:

 

“Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or is he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent. If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him” (Matthew 7:9-12).

 

These are Your Words, Lord Jesus. And what comes to me as Your Spirit is speaking Your Words into my spirit this morning is this:

 

“It’s good for you to ask. It’s good for you to pursue. It’s good for you to be expectant of My answer as you press into My Presence. I look at the heart. And for those who are hungry for Me and My Presence in their hearts, I embrace you and cover you and surround you in the love and power and shelter of My Presence. This is the secret place of My Presence. This is the shadow of the Almighty. This is how you allow Me to be your Refuge and your Fortress, as you trust in Me as your God.” ...

 

Yes, Lord. Another Word from Your Scripture comes immediately to mind to confirm what I believe is Your word in my heart:

 

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” (Matthew 5:6). And now this: “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

 

I choose to receive this gift of Your grace. And by the power of Your grace, I choose to embrace this attitude of my heart, this perspective of my spirit, that I believe You’re speaking to me. These are keys of the kingdom of God, a means of Your grace, a way that leads to life in You--day by day, morning by morning, moment by moment--in my deeply personal relationship with You, as I consciously choose to abide in You and consciously choose to allow you to abide in me.

 

Lord, let it be so in me now and throughout the moments of my day--this day and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today. In the love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend, may you dwell in the Secret Place and abide in the Shelter of the Almighty, choosing this attitude of your heart and perspective of your spirit, abiding in the Lord as He abides in you, in Jesus' name. God bless you, my friend! And you have a great day!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries

New Mailing Address:

502 North Milam Street

Fredericksburg, Texas 78624


Please share this word to encourage a friend!

Anyone can sign up for free at:

https://messiah-ministries.org


My Books on Inner Healing, Spiritual Freedom and Spiritual Intimacy with God are Available on Amazon: 

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


“Setting hearts free to be all they were created to be

—Free to Be Like Jesus—

secure in their identity, growing in maturity, fulfilling their destiny"


Please Keep us in Prayer for These

Messiah Ministries Events


May 1

New Wine Worship at Messiah Ministries in Fredericksburg, Texas 7PM

All are welcome to come drink deeply from the Well of the Holy Spirit!


May 3-5

Attending Rick Joyner's Christian Writer's Seminar at Moravian Falls, NC


May 28-June 2

Ministry in Cali, Columbia with Rocio and speaking at the Citywide Pastors Association Monthly Meeting in Cali on Inner Healing and Deliverance Prayer Ministry and other Pastors' and Strategic Meetings. Huge Open Doors of Invitation for this Kingdom Message! Praise God!



June 5-7

MorningStar Fellowship of Ministries Retreat at Fort Mill, SC


June 23

Preaching 3 Services at Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, Texas


July 27

Speaking at the Aglow International Ministries Gathering for Interest to start of a citywide Prayer Lighthouse in Fredericksburg, Texas. All are welcome.


July 30-August 1

Teaching the Healing Academy at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries, Goodlettsville, TN in the Nashville, Tennessee area


Tuesday Nights at 6PM

Teaching our 9 Month Equipping Course on Tuesday Nights at 6PM at The Bridge Church, Fredericksburg, Texas based on my books Free to Be Like Jesus! and First the Spirit

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays


Wednesday Mornings

Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Restoration Ministry Sessions for Online Connect Groups from around the world.

 

Personal Ministry Appointments

Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer Ministry Sessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org

 Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

https://messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute


Free On-line Video Series: Setting Hearts Free! 

My Core Teaching and Ministry

https://messiah-ministries.org/resources

https://www.amazon.com/author/tommyhays