Wednesday, October 13, 2021

“Listen to Him!” - October 13, 2021

 

Morning by Morning, October 13 - “Listen to Him!”

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear Your voice and follow the leading of Your Spirit into the will and ways of My Father today, for Your sheep hear Your voice (John 10:27) and the children of God are led by the Spirit of God (Romans 8:14). ...

This morning I’m reminded of the Mount of Transfiguration, when our Father spoke to Your disciples to listen to Your voice:

“Six days later, Jesus took with Him Peter and James and his brother John and led them up a high mountain, by themselves. And He was transfigured before them, and His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became dazzling white. Suddenly there appeared to them Moses and Elijah, talking with Him. Then Peter said to Jesus, ‘Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, I will make three dwellings here, one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.’ While he was still speaking, suddenly a bright cloud overshadowed them, and from the cloud a Voice said, ‘This is My Son, the Beloved; with Him I am well pleased; listen to Him!’ When the disciples heard this, they fell to the ground and were overcome by fear. But Jesus came and touched them, saying, ‘Get up and do not be afraid.’ And when they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus Himself alone” (Matthew 17:1-8).

Father, Your words from heaven speak to my heart today: “Listen to Him!” (v. 5). Your heart has not changed. Your will has not changed. You still call the disciples of Jesus to listen to the Voice of Jesus.

It was upon on a “high mountain” that they had their powerful, intimate encounter with You in every dimension of Your Being. They heard Your Voice from heaven (v. 5). They saw Jesus as the Beloved Son of God “transfigured” in His eternal glory before their eyes (v. 2). And I believe it was the “Bright Cloud” of Your Holy Spirit who “overshadowed them” to they could hear Your Voice and see Your Son in the Light of His glory (v. 5).

You’re still calling us to come up to the “high mountain” of worship and prayer to encounter Your Presence in every dimension of Your Being. You’re still calling us to “Listen” to the Voice of Your Son, our Savior and our Shepherd, as we learn to hear His Voice to follow in Your ways. And You’re still overshadowing us and filling us with Your Holy Spirit in the deep and personal and intimate encounters with You in all Your glory.

Yes, we may be “overcome by fear” in the holy, reverential fear of the Lord to be drawn so near to You and these expressions of Presence. But You overcome our fears, as You touch us in our hearts and lift us up in our spirits, saying, “Get up and do not be afraid” (v. 7).

In this place, this “high mountain” of Your Presence, not only are You “transfigured” before us. But at the same time, we are “transformed” by You, as Your Word teaches us:

“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another (“from glory to glory” KJV); for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:17-18).

Lord, I know You are speaking something very deep into my spirit about all this today. Give me grace to ponder this, to take hold of this, to live into this deep revelation of Your Word and Your ways that I sense You are imparting to me today. ...

I’m drawn again to first Verse Your Spirit spoke to my spirit and brought up to my mind this morning from the “Red Letter” Words of Jesus: “My sheep hear My Voice. I know them, and they follow Me” (John 10:27).

Father, like You said those first disciples on that “high mountain” of both transfiguration and transformation, You’re still speaking to me and to every disciple of Jesus: “Listen to Him!” (v. 5)

In both the fear of the Lord and the intimacy of the Lord, what rises up in my heart to say in response is “Yes, Lord. Yes, Father. I will seek to listen to Your Beloved Son, as I’m overcome and infused with Your Holy Spirit.”

The thought comes to me just now -- I don’t have to build a dwelling for You on this “high mountain,” as Peter was thinking. I am the dwelling for You, as I abide in You and You abide in me (John 15:4). The “Spirit of God” who is “the Spirit of Christ” dwells in me (Romans 8:9), bearing witness with me that I am a child of God, a beloved son, in Christ, as Your Word reveals:

“For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’ it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ -- if, in fact, we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him” (Romans 8:14-17).

This fresh revelation of these timeless truths is almost more that I can bear right now. But by Your grace, I will ponder these words and take them into my heart, seeking to keep my spirit in this “high mountain” of Your Presence abiding in me as I seek to keep abiding in You. In Jesus’ name pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

My friend, may the Holy Spirit overcome you and infuse you on the high mountain of your deeply personal and intimate encounters with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, that you may listen and hear the Voice of Jesus, in Jesus' name. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy & Rocio Hays | Messiah Ministries

Messiah Ministries' Mailing Address:
412 S. Adams Street #148
Fredericksburg, Texas 78624

Please share this word to encourage a friend!
Anyone can sign up for free to receive them at:
Join us and Pray for us!
Some of Our Upcoming Events:

October 15-16
Come join us in Kerrville, TX for the Fire and Glory Conferenceled by my good friend Louada Raschke, sharing her powerful story of coming through the fire of cancer and set ablaze with the Holy Spirit! Frday Night to Saturday Noon, Oct 15-16, 2021. 

October 21
Co-Leading Intercessory Prayer Roundtable in San Antonio

October 28-30
Monthly School of the Prophets at MorningStar Ministries, Fort Mill, South Carolina, where I'm learning and receiving equipping.
I'm a member of the Fellowship of Ministries of MorningStar Ministries led by Rick Joyner.

October 31
Preaching at Fireworks Church meeting at Estancia at Thunder River Clubhouse at Boerne, Texas. All are welcome.

November 3
Pakistan Preaching through our Skype Internet Ministry
Monthly Outdoor Evangelistic Crusade in an unreached village.

November 4
Co-Leading Intercessory Prayer Roundtable in San Antonio

November 12-14
Preaching and Equipping for Prayer Ministry
at Grafton Methodist Church Harvest Festival 
at St. Paris outside Dayton, Ohio.

Freedom Equipping Class every week as part of the discipleshipplan at Bridge Church in Fredericksburg, Texas
Monday Afternoons (1:30 - 3:30)
Tuesday Nights (6:00 - 8:00)

All are welcome! Based on the principles of my book
Free to Be Like Jesus! — Transforming Power of Inner Healing & Deliverance

Monday Nights
Rocio and I lead an Online Connect Group for MorningStar Ministries

Wednesday Mornings
Joining with MorningStar Ministries to Lead Online Inner Healing and Deliverance Ministry Sessions for the Online Connect Groups.

Personal Ministry Appointments
Spiritual Direction Sessions and Personal Prayer MinistrySessions of Inner Healing & Spiritual Freedom by Appointment and as the Holy Spirit leads. Please keep us in prayer for spiritual breakthrough and transformation! Let us know if you'd like to set up a session: 

Sessions are without cost and all contributions help support the calling and vision of Messiah Ministries.

Sign up Here for this Free Online Encounter for Inner Healing and Spiritual Freedom in Christ: